The following persons have been nominated as members of the IQAC:-
1. Komagatamaru - The IQAC of the college hosted a play “KOMAGATA MARU” inacted by the team of Punjabi University, Patiala on 19th February, 2015 at New Town Hall, Dhanbad.
2. Women Society and State: A Historical Perspective - Seminar on “Women Society and State: A Historical Perspective” organised by the Department of History on 31th July and 1st August, 2015.
Organising Secretary --- Dr. Ranjana Das
Resource Persons --- i) Pramodanand Das - Professor and Head Department of History, Patna University
ii) Dr. Minu Charan - Associate Professor, J.N. College, Dhurva, Ranchi
3. Sadbhavna Divas Samaroh (Communal Harmony) - Sadbhavna Divas Samaroh ‘’Communal Harmony” - It was organised on 26th November, 2015 in collaboration with Gurdwara Prabhandak Committee with a view to organising a dialogue with the society at large.
4. Matribhasaha, Shiksha ewam Vikash - Seminar on “Matribhasaha, Shiksha ewam Vikash” organised by the I.Q.A.C. on 19th December, 2015.
Organising Secretary --- Dr. Sanjay Prasad
Resource Persons --- i) Prof. Joga Singh - Former Head Dept. of Linguistics & Punjabi Lexicography Punjabi University, Patiala
ii) Prof. Anuj Lugun - Dept. of Oriental Studies, Central University, Bodh Gaya
iii) Dr. Rajesh Kumar - Head of P.G.English, Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag
iv) Dr. Girdhari Ram Ganju - Dept. of Tribal Studies, Ranchi University
v) Dr. Golok Banerjee - P.G. Dept. of Bengali, P.K.R.M. College, Dhanbad
vi) Sri. Aazhi Senthil Nathan - Linguist from Chennai
1. Workshop on Spoken Tutorial - Workshop on Spoken Tutorial organised by the Dept. of Computer Science, Guru Nanank College, Dhanbad on 9th March, 2016.
The Key Note Presenter was Prof. V.C. of Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag and Dr. P. Mahto, Head Dept. of Computer Studies, Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag was the 2nd resource person of the workshop.
2. Workshop on Personality Development and Communication Skill - Workshop on Personality Development and Communication Skill conducted by Ms. Gesu Shekhar at Eloquence, Kolkatta on 16th May, 2016.
3. Workshop on Spoken tutorial programme being conducted by IIT Bombay - Workshop on Spoken tutorial programme being conducted by IIT Bombay on 8th August, 2016. Dr. Swapnil More, Nodal Officer from IIT Bombay was the chief resource person. Other than him, were the Principals of the local colleges of Dhanbad.
4. Workshop on Free open source software (FOSS) as well as online inauguration of the FOSS centre in collaboration with IIT Bombay - Workshop on Free open source software(FOSS) as well as online inauguration of the FOSS centre in collaboration with IIT Bombay on 26th Sept., 2016.
Prof. Gurdeep Singh, V.C. of Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag was the inaugurating officer and chief guest.
5. National Seminar on Ecological imbalance: A challenge for Human race - National Seminar on Ecological imbalance: A challenge for Human Race organized by the Department of History On 28th Sept. 2016.
Organising Secretary --- Dr. Ranjana Das
Resource Persons --- i) Prof. A.S. Ahluwalia - Head Dept. of Life Sciences, Punjab University, Chandigarh
ii) Bishwaroop Mukherjee - Head Dept. of Zoology, Ranchi University, Ranchi
iii) Sri D.K. Mishra – Social Scientist from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
iv) Dr. A.I. Khan - Principal of J.J. College, Jhumari Tilaya
6. National Seminar on Sadbhavna [Communal harmony] in collaboration with Bara Gurudwara - National Seminar on Sadbhavna (Communal Harmony) in collaboration with Bada Gurdwara on 16th Nov. 2016.
7. Workshop on cashless transaction in collaboration with SBI - Workshop on cashless transactions organized by the Department of Commerce on 16th Dec., 2016. Resource persons were S.B.I. Chief Manager, P.B. Branch, Dhanbad and officers from the regional office, S.B.I, Dhanbad.
8. Workshop on cashless mode of spending with State Bank of India - Workshop on cashless mode of spending organized by the IQAC and Department of Commerce on 20th December 2016. Excecutives from State Bank of India were the resource persons.
1. Guru Nanak Dev lecture series Hindi – 26th August, 2017 - 1st Guru Nanak Dev Lecture organized by the Department of Hindi on 26th August, 2017. The main speaker was Dr. Gautam Sanyal former H.O.D. Dept. of Hindi, Burdwan University, West Bengal.
2. Challenges and opportunities in higher education is the 21st century [11th & 12th Oct. 2017] - National Seminar on “Challenges and Opportunities in Higher Education” organised by the I.Q.A.C on 11th and 12th October, 2017.
Organising Sectretary --- Dr. Ranjana Das
Resource Persons --- i) Dr. Subhash Brambhaat - Principal Arts College and President, Association of Indian College Principals
ii) Dr. G. Ramchandran - Former Principal Kandivali College, Mumbai
iii) Dr. Kirti Diddi - Principal Nirmala College, Ujjain
3. National Seminar on 5th Nov. 17, Sadbhavna [cosmology of religion] is collaboration with Bada Gurdwara - Seminar on 5th Nov. 2017 in collaboration with Gurdwara Prabhandak Committee on “Cosmology of religion”.
Resource Persons --- i) M. Alam – CIMFR (Senior Scientist)
ii) Prof. R.N. Sinha
iii) Prof. P. Shekhar – Principal of Guru Nanak College, Dhanbad
4. Guru Nanak Dev lecture series English – 24th Jan. 2018 - 2nd Guru Nanak Dev Lecture organized by the Department of English on 24th Jan. 2018. The main speaker was Prof. Ravinandan Sinha Professor and former Head Dept. of English, St. Xavier College, Ranchi.
1. - Workshop was organised on the topic ‘’Buddy for Study” sponsored by the Vodafone India Foundation Scholarship on 16th July, 2018. Workshop was conducted by a representative of the company, Mr. Abhinav.
2. - Talk cum' interactive session was organised by T.C.S Ignite on 30th October, 2018. Main speaker on the occasion were Mr. Kaustabh Sengupta and Anish Sarkar.
3. - The 1st BBMKU Inter College Youth Festival ‘’Antarnaad’’ 2018 was organised by the College on 30th November, 1st & 2nd December, 2018. The Youth Festival was inaugurated by the local M.P. Sri P.N. Singh and presided over by the Vice Chancellor, Dr. Anjani Kumar Srivastava of the B.B.M.K. University, Dhanbad. Sri Raj Kishore Mahto, M.L.A. Tundi was guest of honour in the inaugural session.
The valedictory session was addressed by the Hon’ble Sports & Youth Affairs Minister of Jharkhand, Sri Amar Kumar Bauri and Sri Raj Sinha, M.L.A Dhanbad was the guest of honour. The session was presided over by the Vice Chancellor, Dr. Anjani Kumar Srivastava of the B.B.M.K. University, Dhanbad.
4. - A career counselling programme was organised by "Teach for India"—a Non-Govt. Organisation. The worshop was conducted by Ms. Jasmine Bala, Recruitment Head, Eastern India on 20th Jan. 2019.
5. - ’’Nostaligia’’ a cultural fest was organised on 23rd Feb. 2019 to mark the beginning of the 50th year of the college. It was decided that the programme would be a preclude to the Golden Jubilee celeberations of the college to be organised between Feb. 2019 and Feb. 2020.
6. - A One day workshop on the topic ’’How to Read Poems’’ was organised on 3rd May, 2019 by the Department of English. The two experts were Dr. Bhashudhara Roy, Asst. Professor of English, Karim City College, Jamshedpur and Sri. Mihir Vatsa literary activist and Asst. Professor of English in Sido Kanhu Murmu University, Dumka. The experts presented useful tips to the students of literature regarding appreciation of poems.
1. - 3rd Guru Nanak Dev lecture was organised by the Dept. of Economics on 18th July, 2019. The lecture was delivered by Dr. Sajal Mukjerjee, Head Dept. of Economics, V.B.U, Hazaribag.
2. - National Seminar was organised by the Dept. of English on “Imagining the world: Literature, Philosophy, Myth and Reality” on 27th & 28th July, 2019.
Organising Sectretary --- Dr. Varsha Singh
Resource Persons --- i) Key Note Presenter - Prof. Ravinandan Sinha, Professor and former Head Dept. of English, St. Xavier College, Ranchi
ii) Dr. Rajesh Kumar - Head Dept. of English, Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag
iii) Dr. Shreya Bhattacharya - Head Dept. of English, Central University, Jharkhand
iv) Dr. R.K. Singh - Former Professor and Head IIT, Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
v) Dr. Rajini Singh - Head Dept. of Humanities, IIT ,Indian School of Mines,Dhanbad and a social activist
3. - 4th Guru Nanak Dev lecture was delivered by Sri Pritam Kumar Lala, A senior advocate of Jharkhand High Court, Ranchi and social activist on the topic ‘’Fundamentals of Taxation’’. Also he happens to be the author of the official book of the Jharkhand Govt. on G.S.T.
The lecture was delivered on 17th August, 2019 and was organised by the Dept. of Commerce, Guru Nanak College, Dhanbad.
4. - 5th Guru Nanak Dev lecture was delivered by Prof. I.K. Chowdhary, Former Dean Social Science and Prof. of History, Ranchi University, Ranchi on 13th September, 2019 on the subject “What is History”. The lecture was organised by the Dept. of History, Guru Nanak College, Dhanbad.
5. - 6th Guru Nanak Dev lecture was delivered by Dr. B.K. Sinha, Head Dept. of Political Science, St. Xavier College, Ranchi on 28th Sept. 2019 on the subject “Living Gandhi: Leadership Lessons”. The lecture was orgsanised by the Dept. of Political Science, Guru Nanak College, Dhanbad.
6. - 7th & 8th Guru Nanak Dev lectures were delivered by :
i) Dr. Surjit Kaur Chahal, Former Head Dept. of Philosphy, Pune University, Pune
ii) Dr. Hema More, Dept. of Budhist Studies, Pune University, Pune
on 11th November, 2019 on the subject “Guru Nanak Dev: Life and Legacy”. The Lecture was organised by the IQAC of the college.
7. - Seminar on sadbhavna was organised on 13th Nov. 2019 in collaboration with the Gurdwara Prabhandak Committee, Bada Gurdwara, Dhanbad.
It has been proposed by the IQAC and approved by the college governing council to organise two more Guru Nanak Dev Lecture in the month of January, 2020.
Also a play Heer Ranjha" is to be staged by the end of Jan. 2019 and towards the end of Feb. 2019 the final Golden Jublee Function will be organised which will be a musical cultural evening to mark the conclusion of the 50th Year.
Composition of IQAC 2020-2021:-
|1.||Dr. Sanjay Prasad||Principal [Ex office Chairman]|
|2.||Sardar R. S. Chahal||President, Governing Council [Management Representative]|
|3.||Sardar D. S. Grewal||Secretary, Governing Council [Management Representative]|
|4.||Prof. P. Shekhar||Academician [Member]|
|5.||Dr. Gopal Kr. Sandilya||Senior Teacher|
|6.||Prof. Amarjit Singh||Senior Teacher|
|7.||Dr. Mina Malkhandi||Senior Teacher|
|8.||Prof. Santosh Kumar||Senior Teacher|
|9.||Prof. Varsha Singh||Senior Teacher|
|10.||Sri Amresh Choudhary||Alumni|
|11.||Sri Amresh Sahay||Society Representative|
|12.||Sri Sadhan Kr. Mishra||Technical Staff|
|13.||Sri Sanjay Singh||PTI|
|14.||Mr. Arjun Singh||Students Representative|
|15.||Ms. Divya Burnwal||Students Representative|
|16.||Dr. Ranjana Das||Co-ordinator - IQAC|